Tuesday 1 December 2009

Neither up nor down!

It is time to come clean. The name for this blog is both metaphorical and physical. You see I actually live half way up a hill. Everyone outside my front window is walking a 45 degree angle - it gives a rather strange and unique perspective on life as I watch them bent over and battling against the wind and gradient or else free-wheeling towards the bottom.  The top of my hill (or any hill) is seen as a destination, an achievement, a place where the view is better, so I started to think that is where I am heading to in life. It's just that I seem to have been stuck around the tricky steep bit right in the middle lately! I am trying to write a book, to write my way out of the darkness and have something I can call my own. I hope it is the one thing that I am good at. I am trying to discover my potential and as Oprah would say 'live my best life'. So you see that is why I often feel just half way up the hill. I keep aiming for the top, for the day when I can stand tall and appreciate the view, whilst still remembering that beauty is all around me now and however good it is to have dreams I must not pursue it at the cost of reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment