Tuesday 1 September 2009

A good walk ruined!

I got a new iphone, it is the snazziest gismo. I took it on my walk this morning with the dog, I thought I could lessen the guilt about the walk by checking my emails and 'working while I walked'. It was a nice idea. But technology tends to fug my head, i have enough chattering voices going on in there already without getting them from cyber space while I walk. Plus it meant I walked looking down, so I couldn't appreciate the sun in the dry (for once) sky, or the way the tree leaves were bristling in the wind. I walked blindly, my head in the clouds of cyber space. That is the problem with technology it removes us from the living and the present. It takes us away from our natural environment, to the point where we forget it is there living just beyond the screen. So tomorrow I will leave my iphone at home and walk with just myself and the dog as nature intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment