Sunday 29 March 2009

A long good-bye?

So here I am still in the head melting maze that is 'separation'. I went to see my husband's therapist last week (God seeing that in black and white is so weird. When did I become one of those people whose life required a word like that?) Anyway it went better than I expected. He helped me towards an understanding of the mental block my husband is up against when it comes to our marriage. So here I am trying not to put up too many barriers so that we can exist on some sort of friendly level - a neither here nor there - until he can work through his issues. It's horrible, I am not sure how long I can keep it up, well actually I know how long I have to, until 30th June. That is the deadline we have given it. So much for forever, our forever will start or end then. Is a peaceful pact the best? A harmonious environment for him to work out what he wants. Should I be putting on the best show of my life, "Look at me, see, the best wife you could ever want, how could you possibly leave?" Or should I be pulling down the shutters in the knowledge that this is just a really long and painful good-bye?

No comments:

Post a Comment