Wednesday 18 March 2009

Spring Days and Old friends.

I have always loved Spring. To feel the days slowly stretching so that we get more than a few precious hours of daylight, hopes of a warm long summer ahead and to see the bouncing yellow headed daffodils, cannot fail to lighten my spirit. And that is how I feel right now - lighter and maybe even a bit brighter. I travelled to London and met an old uni friend on Sunday. We wondered aimlessly around the shops for a couple of hours in the sunshine. It was close to bliss. When you find someone who seems to know yourself better than you it is a rare and wonderful thing. We met on the first day of fresher's week nearly fifteen years ago and were inseparable for four years. Since then we have lived in opposite ends of the world and have probably managed to see eachother every six months or so and yet everytime it seems as though not a day has past. When two souls meet I think they keep having a conversation unbeknown to us forever. Our souls - like swans - they mate for life. I like the idea of my soul having it's own independant etheral life outside of me, it's own social network. I can see it hangin out with all it's soul friends, maintaining it's invisible connections, allowing me to carry on knowing that they are there - my true soul mates, if I need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment